So this blog is for all of the Moms and Dads out there, it’s going to be about going back to school with Three Brothers Bakery! I’m going to discuss some fast and easy breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes that you can make using some products sold at any of our three locations.
Let’s begin with the most important meal of the day, breakfast. I’m going to provide you with several recipe ideas here.
Challah French toast Recipe:
- All you need to do is dip each slice of bread into a raw scrambled egg mixture.
- Heat your stove top to medium or medium low and let each side cook for about 3-4 min TOPS (if you don’t like your French toast crispy, do each side for 2 min) use a skillet, or pan for this and coat it with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- You can add syrup, powdered sugar, or fresh fruit to the finished product.
Bagel Breakfast Sandwich recipe:
- You will want to cook some scrambled eggs. I will usually add some chopped spinach leaves to the scrambled eggs for some extra nutrition to start off the day.
- If you would like to add bacon, ham, or sausage to your bagel you will need to cook this first.
- Pop the bagel into the toaster.
- Once your eggs are scrambled and the bagel is toasted spread some butter, cream cheese, or mayonnaise onto the bagel to moisten it.
- Then add some lox, or turkey bacon, and top it off with some cheese.
If you are ever running late in the morning don’t forget to stop by one of our three locations for a kolache (only sold at our Washington and Memorial locations), danish, or bagel to start off your day.
Now, how about we focus on lunch.
First, we have the challah club sandwich:
- You will want to toast two slices of challah bread.
- Then you will want to cook up some turkey bacon
- If you don’t have time to whip up some turkey bacon you can use lunch meat instead
- Then, you will want to coat one slice of the challah with mayonnaise or mustard and add the cheese of your choice.
- Finally, you add some lettuce, kale, or spinach to the sandwich and you’re done
- I would suggest wrapping this sandwich in aluminum foil, and then placing it inside of a plastic bag. This will help prevent it from getting soggy and also help maintain the shape.
Another yummy lunch idea is a Ruben sandwich:
- First you need to get some Rye bread. You can use seeded rye, marble rye, pumpernickel rye, or plain rye to make it.
- You will need some sauerkraut and corned beef.
- Place the corned beef, sauerkraut, and swiss cheese (or any other kind of cheese, if desired) onto the bread.
- Then using a Panini maker, or George foreman grill toast the sandwich for about 10 minutes and you are done. (For some grills and panini makers you may need to apply a non-stick cooking spray before toasting your Ruben.
Last but not least, we have a dinner recipe for you.
Onion board pizza:
As you probably already guessed you will need to get at least one onion board for this recipe. Onion boards are only sold on Sundays and we usually have about 6 in stock, so I would suggest calling any of our three locations and placing an order for one.
This recipe is a really fun dinner activity for the whole family because each person can make their own pizza.
One onion board should make about four slices of pizza.
- Preheat your oven to 350°
- First you will need to get some tomato sauce and spread it all over the onion board (this will act as your pizza crust).
- Top it off with some veggies: like bell pepper, olives, spinach, broccoli, or whatever else you can think of.
- Then, if you would like you can also add some meats to the pizza.
- After you add meats and veggies cover the pizza in mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Let the pizza bake in the oven at 350° for about 15 minutes. Keep in mind, the onion board is already cooked, so you don’t want to leave it in too long or it will get burnt.
Hopefully these meal ideas come in handy for you and your families. All of us at Three Brothers Bakery wish you the best of luck in the upcoming school year and look forward to seeing you.